Hey everyone! It’s me, June Bug, back in the kitchen with a new favorite Fall recipe! Some may say that Pumpkin Spice is totally “basic,” but a girl likes what a girl likes and I know that I’m anything but basic!
These Pumpkin Puppacinos are delicious, simple, and contain ingredients that support a healthy tummy! Mom’s only complaint was that it’s a little messy to drink, so we enjoyed them in the backyard at sunset!
Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings):
- 1 cup fat free, sugar free greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin OR 2 tablespoons powdered pumpkin
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Optional: Whipped cream and/or Fall-themed dog cookie for garnish
- Blend together yogurt, pumpkin, and warm water (a blender is fastest, but a good ol’ fashioned whisk works well too!)
- Pour into dog-friendly container and garnish with whipped cream and cookie
- Enjoy outside or in a place that you don’t mind some splash!
While we’ve used both canned and powdered pumpkin with great results, we tend to prefer the powdered pumpkin simply because it is easier to store! Once you open a can of pumpkin, you need to use it all in a few days, but the powdered pumpkin lasts much longer and doesn’t have to be refrigerated! Both yogurt and pumpkin are great for digestive issues or sensitive tummies, so this is an excellent and yummy Fall treat! What’s good for my belly is good for my heart!